Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Preparing to meet with an architect




When I meet with clients for the first time one of the first questions I ask is, "Have you ever worked with an architect before?" If the answer is no, then I try to spend some time educating them on how the design process works, explaining the different phases, how contracts can be structured. This goes a long way in answering a lot of their questions and concerns. 

I wanted to post today a link to the American Institute of Architects website that has an article titled "Working with an AIA Architect".  I think it is helpful in reading before meeting with your architect for the first time.

Working with an AIA Architect

Also, if you would like more detail I have a book I can recommend. I have a copy myself and often lend it to people that want a more in-depth information. It's called "How to work with an Architect" and you can purchase it on Amazon. Or if you want you can give me a call and you can borrow mine! 

How to work with an architect





K




No comments:

Post a Comment